So tonight was the beginning of season 2 of Blood, Sweat and Heels. I must say that I wasn’t prepared for the bomb that Daisy Lewellyn dropped. Daisy shared with the rest of the cast and the world that she has been diagnosed with Stage 3 Liver cancer at the age of 34 and is undergoing chemo therapy. The last thing anyone would want to wonder about in the prime of their life is fighting this deadly disease. She is definitely in great spirits and being positive. My words of encouragement to Daisy are not to downplay what you are experiencing, and it is okay to not be okay. Yes we are use to her vibrant character, but chemo can be very tiring on the body as evident when she was walking up the stairs. We see she has a very strong and supportive family and friends, and that’s what’s most important.
Being a nurse and crossing paths with many terminally ill patients, just makes you appreciate life that much more. While focusing on the long term goals and aspirations keep in mind that nothing is promised, and to live and enjoy every waking moment.
All the best to Daisy in her battle with this disease.
STAGES OF CANCER
- stage 0 is in situ cancer
- stage 1 is localized cancer, although further spread may take it to stage 2
- stage 2 usually includes spread to the nearest lymph nodes
- stage 3 indicates more extensive lymph node involvement
- stage 4 indicates distant spread, the cancer has metastasized